This is something I made ages ago, it’s very easy to make and a great present to give to someone if you put it in a nice little bottle and put a ribbon on it or something.
- Get a little bottle
Fill it with:
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves
- A small red hot chilly pepper or a couple of tiny small dried red hot chilly peppers (or more if you like it very hot)
- Some herbs… I can’t quite remember what’s inside now but knowing me I’m sure it has rosemary (fresh), basil, dill, a couple of bayleaves and parsley.
- The bottle should be 30% full with those dry ingredients
- Then fill the remaining space with Spanish Olive Oil “extra virgen” if you can’t get to my aunt’s house to get some of her real olive oil; hers is almost green and it tastes wonderful.
- Leave it to macerate at least for a month minimum in the shade and somewhere cool but not cold.
How and where to use it:
To fry up some veggies
Basically anywhere; even your body if your partner likes licking spicy things. but really, for a nice treat for your body, you could do something else with Olive Oil like:
- Put some coarse salt in a bowl
- Add olive oil till it looks gungy and disgusting
- Apply all over your body and leave it there for at least half an hour.
Where to do this:
- In a bath (the easiest place)
- Outdoors, standing on a big plastic rubbish bag and with a hose and soap at hand (you don’t want to go into the house getting it all slippery, do you?)