I like waffles and I’ve tried several recipes, my last one was ok but not what I call delicious waffles.
I didn’t take many pictures this time because I wasn’t actually very hopeful regarding the results and surprise, surprise…. these waffles not only look like proper waffles, they tasted like real waffles. (It’s a pity I’ve run out of chocolate syrup).
This is defenitely not a thing to do without something else to do. I decided that a good way to curve my impatience was to clean the house while I made them.
Here is the easy part:
- Put 250 of whole milk in the microwave and heat it up a little bit
- Add two tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice, mix and set aside.
Here is the dry stuff:
in a bowl, put:
- 250 gr of flour
- A bit of salt
- 2 Tablespoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Mix that thoroughly with a whisk
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and mix thoroughly again with a whisk
- Add the milk with the lemon juice and mix with the whisk
- In a separate bowl, break 2 eggs and beat them lightly.
- Add the eggs to the dry stuff and stir
- Add a tablespoon of Vanilla extract and mix again with the whisk.
- Add 6 tablespoons of melted butter (about 125 grams, I think) and mix again.
This is the result of the batter:
Then you pour some batter in your waffle maker: but before you put it in the waffle maker, please, coat it with some of the melted butter you have left. I used a paint brush.
And instead of waiting, peeping every two seconds, biting your nails or snapping at someone, just go and start cleaning your house and when you start smelling something, just go and check; if ready, take them out and repeat the process till you run out of batter. I made 8 really thick waffles.