Ahhhhh I gave some of this drink to a friend and she asked me if I had made it with a perculator.. oh, well, I have a perculator, but I can’t remember the last time I used it. I drink my coffe from a jar, well, not from the jar but the coffee comes in a jar and it’s granulated. I need something quick in the mornings, I can’t wait for the perculator to make my coffee…Normally, I turn the ketle on, put a spoonful of coffee in my mug and start waking up as I gulp it.
Here is the quick way to make some nice cool lemon and cinamon flavoured coffee:
- Turn on your kettle.
- In a jar, add about 10 coffee spoons of granulated coffee. (If you want to sleep, make it decaffeinated coffee).
- Add about 10 coffee spoons of sugar.
- Add the peeling of a big lemon or two small ones.
- Add some powdered cinnamon. (If you like, you can always change that by one of those cinnamon sticks)
- Pour boiling water over the stuff in the jar. Only fill half the jar.
- Stir till you get bored with it.
- Let it cool.
- Fill what’s left of the jar with water and place in the fridge.
This is a lovely drink and if you’d like to impress your friends, then you could dip the rim of a glass in sugar, pour coffee in the glass and then add a very thin slice of lemon.
You can also freeze this and then place it in the blender to break the ice and serve as a “granizado”, that’s like slush coffee.
Gosh! you could add whisky in it, some whipped cream and then you have a cold cold Irish Coffee!